If you’re experiencing sewer problems, including sewer backups, call your local wastewater service provider first. Together, you can determine the next step. Your wastewater service provider can inspect the pipes leading to your home and diagnose if the problem is on your side or not.
- City of Auburn: (530) 889-0624 (Available 24/7)
- City of Lincoln: (916) 434-2450 (M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
or (916) 645-4040 after hours
- City of Colfax: (530) 346-2313 (Available 24/7)
- City of Roseville: (916) 774-5750 (Available 24/7)
- SPMUD: (916) 786-8555 (Available 24/7)
- Placer County: (530) 886-4913 (Available 24/7)
Turn it off!
If you are experiencing sewer issues, turn off washing machines, dishwashers, showers, and anything else that uses water.
Possible backup causes
Any issues related to your sewer can be a result of a number of things, including:
- Flushing things down the toilet that aren’t meant to be flushed
- Cooking grease that can build up on walls of your sewer lateral overtime
- Tree roots. Trees and shrubs need water, and their root systems seek water and eventually plug the pipe.